Addiction Treatment As An Outpatient
Individuals with a mild substance abuse problem who are serious about getting sober can benefit from an outpatient rehab facility. They provide for access to family and work, while going through treatment.
To help manage detoxification and withdrawal, a severe addiction to certain substances, such as heroin or oxycodone, is typically best treated in an inpatient residential program.
Outpatient rehab program can successfully treat a mild substance abuse problem caught in the early phases.
Those individuals who need a program that will cause minimal disruption to their lives and are dedicated to see it through will benefit the most from non-residential rehab.
What We Mean By Outpatient Rehab
Drug and alcohol treatment sessions that can be scheduled during various times throughout the week is offered by an outpatient rehab program.
The patients will be provided with medication and counselling and they will have scheduled appointments that they will have to keep but they will still be free to live at home and carry on with their other responsibilities.
Outpatient treatment programs tend to emphasize counselling, awareness creation and providing support but there will be various differences in these programs regarding the services offered and the depth to which these services will be provided.
Patients with a deep desire to make it in recovery and who have a dedicated, controlled approach may gain a lot from an outpatient program.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Varieties Of Non Residential Rehabilitation
The substance abused or the individual's severity of addiction and stage of recovery are the things that different types of rehab are based on.
The following three categories are where the general types of outpatient rehab fall into
- 24 Hour Treatments
- Day programmes provide a greater degree of care compared to the other outpatient programmes.
- Clients are committed to meet 5-7 days per week at an outpatient facility for multiple hours each day in a day program.
- Shared therapy, continued counselling, faith-based therapy, and other alternative therapies, like art therapy, are the what patients agree to as they undergo non-residential treatment.
- After each session, patients may return home either to a sober living home or to their families.
- Until the patients are done with their 24-hour rehab plan, it can be a major inconvenience on their work or social life, as it is a huge undertaking that requires a lot of dedication.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatments (IOT)
- The use of milestones to show progress is one of the defining characteristics of IOPs.
- As these achievements are met, the time commitment expected per week lessens.
- People who still want to be able to participate in work or school but are serious about quitting alcohol or drugs can really benefit from IOPs.
- An IOP may need several meetings for some hours every week to perform counselling sessions, group therapy, setback prevention education and turnout in a 12-step or similar support network.
- Ongoing Treatment
- Once a person has undergone the initial drug treatment, they can join support groups that encourage them to be sober such as Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Group members meet on a weekly basis and the sessions are conducted with the guidance of certified counsellor.
- Some ongoing care networks may be gender-sensitive or age-sensitive and other may centre around a specific area of recovery.
Non Residential Rehab Advantages
For gentle to direct addictions, outpatient recovery is normally a perfect treatment decision. These programs are more flexible and accessible than an inpatient program.
Call us today on 0800 772 3971 if you require assistance when your trying to choose a treatment plan which is best suited for you or a loved one who is struggling with substance abuse.
Outpatient drug treatment may be a good idea because they are
- Less expensive than residential treatment
- Since you're ready to inhabit home amid outpatient treatment, you don't need to pay the expenses of cabin at an inpatient office - making it more moderate than inpatient.
- Outpatient programs are set to fit your schedule.
- This is useful for the individuals who feel like they can't leave their employment or family for a broadened timeframe.
- Family support
- During the outpatient program, family inclusion and support is encouraged as loved ones can help you more stay on the path to sobriety.
Choosing The Ideal Rehab For You
The choice of which sort of treatment program would be best for an individual is regularly a troublesome one to make. Whether it is an outpatient recovery program or an alternate type of treatment, it's essential to venture out getting help.