Knowledge Of Holistic Therapy
Applying holistic therapy to enhance traditional methods of treatment, an addict might find help.
The known techniques of overcoming addiction can be used to with holistic therapy which does not involve the use of medicine. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Checking the diet and regular exercises with reflections are used to achieve the positive effects of holistic therapy.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Holistic methods can include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
In holistic therapy programs, addiction treatment methods that are not medical are applied based on an individual's needs. Holistic doctors treat not only symptoms of mental and physical addiction but also nutritional and emotional problems.
The person will be able to get rid of some symptoms such as insomnia and the loss of appetite. Each patient can have different practices of this technique used on them for their recovery.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Help the recovering user to be physically fit
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Reducing the appeal of drugs and/or alcohol abuse
Some Of The Practices Used In Holistic Treatment
Holistic therapy combines various aspects of robust living and also includes exercise and meditation.
The main practices involve
- Therapy For Nutrition
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Tangible healing can be provided to recovering addicts by focusing on proper nutrition.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- Apart from helping to ease stress and make the body strong, regular exercise helps to create a routine.
- In holistic therapy, this is one of the main practices that should never be avoided.
- There are different exercises one can take depending on which ones fit them.
- Engaging in mindful reflections also helps in recovering.
- Supervised meditation is an integral section of most holistic plans for addiction treatment.
- A number of centres are also offering yoga, and tai chi has meditative practices to help inpatient residents increase their focus and clarity to the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is yet another commonly applied holistic treatment method since it helps to relax the body.
- Acupuncture is another method that is used to restore any imbalances to the body of an addict after an extended period of substance abuse.
Programs that get satisfactory results are based on conventional methods of treatment. Supervision by clinical personnel is still important when trying to deal with the withdrawal symptoms caused by giving up alcohol and other depressants.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Detoxification program with medical supervision
- Medical attention
- Private psychiatric counselling
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Holistic Treatment Centres Near You
Holistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres. There is a lot of correlation between the principles of traditional treatment methods and holistic therapy with the most important being providing balance to the body, mind and spirit. In assisting addictive, patients learn how to cope with stress. Yoga works well with Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
All types of drug and alcohol addictions can be overcome by using the different techniques. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Call us now on 0800 772 3971 to find a drug rehab centre which also offers holistic therapy.