Defining Experimential Therapy
Traditional therapy settings may be very uncomfortable for some recovering drug users. The subject of addiction treatment is viewed differently by experimential therapy, which takes the treatment into the outdoors, the art studio and various other locations.
Experimential therapies are hands-on, connecting with exercises that help recouping addicts process and adapt to past injury.
Other recuperating users could feel uneasy speaking to counsellors in a customary therapy environment. Places in which they can express through other media like music or other types of art, outdoors places, are the kind of environments the experimential therapy uses.
The idea is handling the repressed emotions with treatments and methods that are not typical.
Regular experimential therapies include
- Ropes courses
- Music therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Adventure therapy
Experimential therapy is intended to help those in recuperation build up a more grounded feeling of self by grappling with covered feelings and past injuries. By exploratory treatment, a recuperating user would know how to deal with such problem with no need to resort to narcotics for a diversion.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Experimential Therapy Utilised For Addiction Treatment
Rock climbing and hiking are physically demanding activities, however, they have the ability to stimulate the stress of the real world for recovering addicts to overcome their habits. The patients can learn how to handle cravings and addiction triggers that they encounter on a daily basis with the help of Experimential therapy.
Experimential therapy has been proven as an effective method in treating a number of disorders that can co-occur with addiction. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Experimential Therapy And Methods
Amid an experimential therapy session, advisors manage recuperating addicts through a few treatment works out, custom fitted to their particular treatment needs.
The recovering addicts will be able to let their guard down during experimential therapy, which will allow for an accurate evaluation with the patient for the therapists also to deal with the mental healing for addicts.
The following are some of the disturbances that experimential therapy also treats
- Anxiety attacks
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Unhealthy eating behaviours
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder [PTSD]
Experimential Therapy And Other Treatments Together
Exploratory treatment goes nicely with some techniques in therapy such as CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and MET or Motivational Enhancement Therapy to concentrate on modifying self destructive conducts. Experimential therapy offers the addicts a place to apply the social skills they have learned during typical therapy.
A proper medical detox is the first step at the moment of quitting any drug, to prevent the hard symptoms of this process. Outpatient and residential rehabilitation schemes could equally cure abstinence signs throughout detoxification. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
To build an in depth rehabilitation scheme for recuperating users, exploratory treatment is frequently applied together with customary rehabilitation methods.
Experimential Therapy Common Techniques Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Uses therapeutic activities with horses to help the addicts.
- Users would feed, hitch up, walk, and comb the horses during the period; however, they would not ride these horses.
- They hidden emotions will reveal during these bonding activities with the horses.
- Identifying and dealing with the damaging emotions that the addicts many not even know they have is what Equine-assisted psychotherapy aid to do to the addicts.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where patients envision a traumatic occasion while a specialist drives them through particular eye developments.
- With the help of EMDR, many patients have successfully dealt with negative feelings that usually lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Based Therapy
- This treatment comprises of exercises in open areas like trekking, cycling, mountaineering, setting up camp, and rafting in wild waters.
- Experience therapy helps recuperating addicts create moral duty, relational abilities and critical thinking aptitudes while working inside a gathering setting.
- Art Therapy
- Art therapy provides recovering addicts an opportunity to express themselves with the use of art or music.
- By making craftsmanship, patients can work through distressful and negative feelings and process them in a sound way.
Receive The Best Treatment For You
If you are having problems with substance abuse, give us a call to find you an addiction treatment program. Experimential therapies such as climbing, use of art and obstacle courses can now be found in certain drug treatment centres. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 772 3971.