Common Questions People Ask Concerning Treatment At Rehab Facilities
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. Numerous people stress over how the addiction recovery process will influence their lives, the obscure can be alarming. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
Addiction Rehabilitation - What Is It?
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. A recovery programme can restore a user back to living a clean, satisfying and drug-free life.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
In rehab, treatment is tailored to each individual. This typically includes some combination of one-on-one and group drug abuse therapy, detoxification (detox), education to prevent a relapse and aftercare planning before the programme can be completed so that long-lasting sobriety can be maintained.
- Detox A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. The cleansing removes drugs and other harmful substances from the body. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. The pains and other issues that are due to the detox process could be reduced through the rightful treatment in a detox programme under proper medical supervision.
- Therapy For Drug Addiction After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. There are individual and or group therapeutic sessions for addicts, aimed at helping them understand and solve the major reasons why they are addicted. Treatment programs additionally teach people on the most proficient method to distinguish high-hazard circumstances plus triggers and develop regressing aversion aptitudes to watch over self-control.
- Aftercare When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
How Long Does Rehab Take?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. But prolonged treatment programs like 60 day, 90 day or longer term residential treatment or inpatient treatment programs to ensure unbroken recovery may be the best for some people. When figuring out how long an individual's treatment should be, a rehab specialist will consider how long the addiction has been going on and how sever it is, what drugs were used, whether or not there are coexisting medical, mental, or behavioural problems, and the holistic needs of the individual, including physical, mental, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual aspects.
It has been proven that patients who take a minimum of three months during rehabilitation have a higher success rate at kicking the habit than those who take less. Longer programs allow the patient to focus on the underlying issues of the addiction and more time to develop coping skills to live a sober life.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
While there is no real cure for addiction, it can be managed effectively. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. Dealing with enslavement includes figuring out how to explore through everyday life without using and includes diligent work plus commitment.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. People will also learn how to handle daily struggles when recovering from addiction and how to cope with situations or people that may have added to or worsened their drug abuse in the first place.
Long haul recuperation, moreover, may include progressing treatment in individual and additionally group form, together with attendance at 12-stage or support group gatherings. Some people in recovery find that other tasks and activities can help support their ongoing recovery. Some of these activities are yoga, art, meditation or exercise.
There are different types of after treatment care, depending on the treatment programs, while some of them will sit down with the patient to design one before the completion of treatment, in the bid to ensure total healing. And, according to reliable studies, less situations of relapse are witnessed when prolonged aftercare is given.
What Happens When One Relapses
Sobriety is a lifelong journey so relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but rather an obstacle that needs to be overcome. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
A lot of people who struggle with addiction have to go to rehab more than once before they can work through everything to stay on the path to recovery. The main individual who can deal with your compulsion is you and recovery will help you construct the abilities important to care for balance.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. A high-end luxury programme tends to quote more for additional services and special facilities and, in certain instances, a better staff to patient ratio.
An inpatient centre tends to ask more money than an outpatient treatment programme since it offers patients accommodation, meals, therapy, as well as activities. The outpatient programmes also differ in what they offer; there are some that have very high-class amenities, very involved programmes and organised group or individual therapy sessions including free support group meetings at their premises.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- Amenities provided - Acupuncture, yoga, massage, animal-assisted therapy, private rooms, gourmet food, and other factors that enhance the healing process may be part of this.
- How long the program is - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- Area - The traditional treatment centres are cheaper than the luxurious facilities. The commute to the centre can also be included into the cost, particularly when the centre is located far from your home.
- The Nature of Programme - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Addiction Versus The Cost Of Rehabilitation
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. What makes addiction costly
- The cost of the medications
- Time off work or loss of job
- Lawful fines
- Medical bills for possible coexisting issues that are associated with the addiction
Poor health, overall sadness and damaged relationships are some other "costs" that is associated with addiction
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. Insurance might only cover a part of your stay, so make sure you check with your insurance company before you enrol.
However, you can deliberate on some other available payment systems with the facility if your insurance is not acceptable. There are many options that the programme may be prepared to accept a sliding scale payment or one that makes the charges more comfortable to pay.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. Sometimes, this helps with recovery because it takes the users out of the environment where they got into the addiction in the first place.
Because the addicts are free from external confusions and are not lured by friends, relatives and work, they are always able to concentrate completely on recovering from addiction in such a regimented and solitary location.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. Responsibilities at home and work may not allow for one to attend an away rehab programme, so a local one will take care of the headache of making everything work out.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
An inpatient centre differs from an outpatient centre in a few manners - from costs and severity of the treatment to the setting in general and the support structure for the duration of your recovery journey.
Residential Rehab Treatment
The rehab centres that deliver 24-hour care from medical experts are called inpatient facilities. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
The most intensive treatment programme is the inpatient programme, where patients are given round the clock 100% chance to concentrate on their healing. Because patients don't face the stress of daily life, they can usually work through their addiction issues a little better.
Drug- assisted treatment, group therapy, individual therapy and even some additional therapies like animal therapy and some outdoor programs are involved in rehab programs.
Residential rehab centres are preferred for treatment of those with chronic and acute addictions, multiple drug addictions, coexisting medical and psychological issues. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
Outpatient Rehab Treatment Facilities
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. This structure gives a man a chance to proceed with a great extent unobstructed work, school or home life while looking for treatment. Such a centre tends to be a great solution for people with fairly less serious or short-term dependencies, not as much time, or obligations at home/work that can't be ignored.
Outpatient services may differ. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Outpatient care is generally not as expensive as inpatient care since there are not as many facilities and staff offer direct care for fewer hours. There is no need for patients to pay for the 24 hour care because they can get home after treatment each day. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
You can contact us on 0800 772 3971 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. In the bid to choose the best addiction rehab program for you, you should send your enquiries to our rehab placement agents.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
The possibility of being sacked from work if you fail to attend a rehab and defeat addiction is much more than the risk of losing your job because you enrolled in a rehab. Your supervisor may already have a clue you are struggling with addiction. By limiting your productivity at work, the results of your addiction may reveal your current addiction situation in your office.
Utilising substances while at work is legitimate reason for end, yet there are a few federal regulations securing your entitlement to acquire treatment. Your employer would be breaking the law were he to terminate your contract because you are looking for help for the addiction.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. But, this process could be simplified through numerous options. Options available
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an intentional program through your manager, which gives classified evaluations, limited advising and referrals to treatment at no cost to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act If a medical condition interferes with the way you work, some employers will allow the employee to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave without affecting the health insurance under cover of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off Companies offer annual holidays, paid sick off days and you can take those together with any accumulated leave and personal time to go for residential treatment.
- Executive Rehab Treatment Centres You can continue to work while under treatment at a plush, 24-hour rehab centre that facilitates the interaction between the executive patients and their offices during the rehab.
- Outpatient Treatment These are programmes especially for those unable to take time off to attend residential rehab or are looking for a cheaper alternative to executive rehab. If your are suffering from a severe addiction or a relapse, a centre that can provide 24 hour care is still the best chance at getting and staying sober.
There are available many options to seek help as an employee and remember when you recover from addiction, you do better as a person, at work, and your health and personal life also improve.
What About Luxury Treatment?
Luxury rehabilitations involve treatments at top notch rehab facilities and in a more comfortable environment. They are frequently situated in out-of-the-way areas, so patients are managed with greatest privacy amid their stays. Innovative recovery therapies, gourmet meals from trained cooks, adventure therapies and a holistic treatment programme are offered in luxury rehab centres.
Luxury rehab is the common choice for high level executives, celebrities, or public figures because of the amenities and privacy and the likelihood that they will be surrounded by the peers, but anyone can go to one if they have the means to afford it.
How Can I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. Call us on 0800 772 3971 and talk to our rehab placement counsellor to help you in assessing available treatment programmes for yourself or a loved one, or if you would like to compare available options.