What Is Speed In Southampton?
Speed refers to amphetamine sulphate drug in Class B in the street. In some cases, speed is a term used in identifying other terms of amphetamines.
Speed has stimulative effects and users take it to stay awake, alert and energised.
Other important consequences and dangers of using speed are
- Feeling 'up', energetic and tending to talk a lot.
- Users employ it to be energised so that they can perform things such as dancing, going out and chatting for hours without becoming tired.
- Using speed has the potential to make people overactive, anxious or have acute hallucinations.
- And when the effect of the drug of almost wearing off, it makes the user easily irritable and extremely down.
- Speed places an excessive pressure on your heart and can result in heart problems - some people have lost their lives by using an excessive amount of speed.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
The Effects Of Speed In Southampton
Those using speed get a high that makes them extra sensitive, wide awake and pumped up; they also may become jittery and violent.
There are other consequences of using speed.
- Speed makes people remain very conscious, active and tending to talk a lot.
- Clubgoers use it as it provides them the energy to dance for hours without been exhausted.
- The ability of amphetamines to curb hunger caused to be used as an ingredient in slimming pills sometime back.
- Speed use can result in trepidation, fearfulness or even a psychotic episode (this is a mental condition when you see or hear things that seem real but does not really exist and have hallucinations).
What Are The Dangers Of Using Speed In Southampton ?
There are dangers associated with taking speed.
Some of those dangers are
- In regard to the amount you have consumed, it can cause relaxing and sleeping problems.
- When the high is over, the resulting low may result in very little energy and inability to focus in class and can last many days.
- Those already with heart problems or hypertension should not take speed as it pressurizes the heart - It is known to have killed many users this way.
- Another certain way speed kills is when it is made as a cocktail with other anti-depressants or alcohol.
- Your immune system can be subjected to strong attacks if you take high doses of speed that affects diet and sleep - this could be in form of more sore throats, colds and flu. Speed can leave one feeling anxious, irritable, depressed, paranoid and aggressive and mental disorders like intense psychotic episodes ( which is a mental state characterised by hearing and seeing things that don't exist and hallucinations)
- Of particular risk is taking speed by injection.
- Larger amounts are quickly taken in by injection than by any other means.
- Speed is typically very crude, so other constituents apart from amphetamine enter the bloodstream.
- The frequent passage of speed through the veins deteriorates them and in some instances, ulcers may even develop.
- Other contagious diseases (hepatitis and HIV) are being spread when using speed via the sharing of infected needles.