Fentanyl is an opioid pain reliever (OPR), a synthetic pharmaceutical drug, stronger than morphine more than 50 to 100 times. Post-surgery is a painful experienced, as well as, cancer treatment to relieve this intense pain Fentanyl is used. The patients who have already built a tolerance to other pain medications are prescribed Fentanyl that is an extremely potent opioid. A high of addition is a huge risk factor due to the potency of Fentanyl. Someone who is addicted to the drug feels "comfortable" once he or she develops a habit to Fentanyl narcotic features, requiring more of the drug to achieve the previous sensations.
You can begin to overcome your addiction now 0800 772 3971.
It uses its versatility to satisfy the needs of the user.
Fentanyl brand names and forms include
- Actiq - the lozenge form available on plastic sticks which is normally placed under the tongue like a lollipop.
- It has some military applications and is used for patients who are already on pain-relieving medications.
- Duragesic - This Fentanyl patch was first introduced in the 1990's.
- Used to deal with moderate to severe pain and its effects persist for as long as 3 days.
- Sublimaze -This is version of Fentanyl that can be used intravenously and is used in health centres together with pain reliever.
- It is used to handle the pain before and after surgeries.
- Subsys - These come in the form of a sublingual spray which delivers immediate pain relief when placed under a patient's tongue.
- Used to manage the breakthrough pain experienced by cancer patients.
- Abstral - Abstral is the quick-dissolve tablet version of Fentanyl that is administered under the tongue for immediate pain relief, it is also used for opioid-tolerant patients with breakthrough cancer pain.
- Lazanda - Lazanda comes in the form of a nasal spray and is administered in the same way as a common nasal decongestant spray.
- Victims of cancer from the main group of people that this drug is meant for.
Dopamine is the hormone responsible for making us feeling happy and is catalysed by Fentanyl as the drug neutralized the part of the brain that is responsible for making us experience discomfort. China white, China girl, T&T, crush and dance fever are the street names for Fentanyl.
In case you or someone close to you is abusing Fentanyl don't hesitate to ask for help.
Fentanyl Misuse And Effects
Fentanyl is a drug that comes with a massive risk for addiction and abuse, regardless if it's a prescription.
The possibility of using the drug excessively can cause the possible outbreak of health issues as a result of using this drug recklessly.
Those taking overdoses of Fentanyl usually experience utter euphoria together with a sense of relaxation quite akin to the high of heroin.
Fentanyl abuse shows symptoms such as
- Reduced breathing
- Head pain
- Fuzzy vision
- Sickness and nausea
To those without a tolerance to opioids, Fentanyl abuse is dangerous. When someone without a tolerance abuses Fentanyl, the risk of overdose is multiplied.
The respiratory system can fail due to abuse of Fentanyl and can therefore lead up to fatal overdose.
The destructive power of Fentanyl is increased when it is combined with other addictive substances such as cocaine and heroin. It doesn't matter if Fentanyl was prescribed or taken recreationally, this drug is volatile and it considered to be a lethal drug.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Signs Indicating A Fentanyl Addiction
Fentanyl has a huge effect on the central nervous system, resulting in high levels of dopamine flooding and chemically affecting the brain with time. As a result of some of the neurochemical alterations, one who is prescribed for Fentanyl could end up being dependent on the drug and they could opt for illegal ways of acquiring it after they finish up on their prescribed dose.
Dependent on this drug may be stimulated by using it recklessly.
Given that a number of patients don't accept the fact that Fentanyl is quite addictive, the chances of accidental and intentional abuse are heightened. Courtesy of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders' criteria for the diagnosis of substance abuse disorder, physicians can be able to precisely tell problematic behaviour for instance building a tolerance or when one suffers withdrawal symptoms.
Find out more about a Fentanyl addiction
Fentanyl Addiction And Treatment For It
It can be a miserable process by cutting out Fentanyl, which is also known as "cold turkey", although rarely life-threatening. An addiction to the substance is developed when on those who live with a Fentanyl addiction have been using the drugs over a long period of time, withdrawals take a painful toll on users. Inpatient and outpatient resources are offered by specialized treatment centres to help those addicted quit Fentanyl.
Fentanyl withdrawal might vary in the nature of its severity based on the levels of use as well as the preferred form of the drug, this ranges from intense chills, sweating and restlessness.
Users are still vulnerable to potential relapse despite the typically non-lethal nature of Fentanyl withdrawal. Medical supervision at the time of a detox could simplify the cleansing process and reduce the chances of a relapse.
Get In Charge With A Phone Call To Us
The result of a Fentanyl addiction can be dangerous, but despite the hurdles, winning is possible. In order to lend a helping hand, support groups are spread across the country. Begin breaking your addiction today.